Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Commission Journey

My fantastic art rep and kickass decorator, Christian Nelius of Anno Domini Memphis, recently commissioned a diptych from me for a room she's designing for her clients. This will be an exciting one for me- creating two pieces to go side by side, keeping the color palette minimal with aquas, grays, lavenders, gold, magenta, and chartreuse, and applying a glossy surface on top for that glam luxe factor.

I'm going to look to Flemish and Renaissance portrait paintings for inspiration and research new and exciting patterns.

I plan to create some thumbnails, sketches, and color studies tonight and will post updates of my journey as things progress. Stay tuned, m'dears!

Mood board by Christian Nelius

source unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment