Friday, February 22, 2013

I Won!


I've been away all week on business. Right now,  I work in the Admissions office of Memphis College of Art and I have been traveling every other week to various high schools trying to drum up interest with the students about our program at MCA.

It was a long week in Chattanooga and South Carolina and I am so happy to be back, especially because I was able to make it to Exhibition: Momentum where Eric and I had work. I knew it was a juried exhibition and there were hand-made trophies by local artist Eli Gold in the mix, but I was in no way expecting to win one. So I arrived back in town after a five hour drive and Eric and I made our way to Trolley Night and the exhibition we had work in. I was still in my driving clothes. If you see any photos of me at the event later, you will now know why I look a little disheveled.

But you don't want to hear all that. Suffice it to say, I won the visual art juried award of 100 dollars and this stunning trophy by Eli Gold. I'm in love with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment