Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cellular Forms

Lately, I've been noticing how many aspects of the work I do now, the vivid color palettes and organic form repetition, share strong similarities with microscopic imagery. I am interested in the appearance of such details and how they are hidden from the human eye until investigated very closely. These photos are taken from standard google searches of microscopic images, but now I am considering purchasing a microscope of my own (though not a nice one, just one that I can hold slides underneath and check out what blood cells or hair or plants look like up close) so I can do some investigating and experimentation with the closeness of certain biological forms and apply it to my work visually. I am still working out the conceptual aspect of displaying this imagery through paint, however...






2 comments:

  1. You would love the fungi section from 'Planet Earth', if you haven't seen it yet, especially : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKjBIBBAL8

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nasty and so pretty! Thank you, Julie :)

    ReplyDelete